Wednesday 6 June 2012

50 Days out

50 days until my channel window opens, I could go earlier - I could go later but this is a small milestone worth marking with a short update.

The training has been going - at times not as well as I would've wanted but at other times better. I'm slowly building on my distance and actually managed some rest and recuperation in there too.

This past weekend was a swimming and eating Jubilee weekend in the Lakes District. Lots of 3 course meals and triple breakfasts in order to put on the pounds. It also involved some shorter 1 hour swims in various lakes. Boat traffic and gusting winds meant we did not complete as much swimming as we would have liked - not complaining too much the rest was wonderful.

Dover has really kicked up a notch and I'm expecting to be thrown in for 6 hours quite soon - most likely this weekend... Eek!

For an idea of a standard training day in Dover see the photos below - Swim then feed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment