Wednesday 13 June 2012

How far have I actually swum....

I know I said in my intro I would never talk about distances swum, but this post is dedicated to my newest toy and one can only talk distance and time in this post.


I usually count my open water training in hours unless I have an idea of how far I have travelled between points and can add them up.... Not any more - I have me a new toy courtesy of Nick Adams. 


I took my Finis GPS for it's maiden voyage today and discovered a number of things:
- My 400m loop at the Serps is actually slightly longer
- I can hold a decent pace for the entire 30 minutes
- AND IT WORKS!! 


The output is pretty amazing - see below. I swam for @31 minutes, covered 1.7k and have 100m splits, distances travelled - I can now analyze my open water swims down to the 100m. Sad but it's about the only excitement I get at the moment - knowing how fast/far I've swum - now I can tell when I'm slacking off and hopefully when I've had a man-up chat with myself and given it some welly.


Output is on the following link but the photo below provides a summary.


http://www.finisinc.com/streamline/share/workout/view/4fd8f9309887d
The GPS Map/ Stats Output

No comments:

Post a Comment