Thursday 10 May 2012

Please oh please don't let that be a little brown cloud

Wednesday is a club swim night, I swim on club nights rather than swimming by myself or with friends like I usually do. The only difference between this Wednesday and all other wednesdays was I had a little bit of a dodgy tummy....


Before entering the session I had a 'man up princess' chat with myself and my tummy and told myself I would be fine.


Warm up done - no problems - next up 6 x 200 on 3:15. I usually like to do my 200s of 3:20 or 3:30 but this was man up time so off I went. First 200 down and I start to toot like a horn blower at a jazz festival - tummy starts grumbling.... Not good. Keep going this is man up time 3 more 200s and the toot power is pushing me along nicely with not too many tummy grumbles. By the 5th 200 my tummy decided it was not happy with the toots becoming more frequent and a little more powerful to the point I had to look around in horror to see if I'd left a little brown cloud behind.... thankfully not.... Cue bathroom break....


Get back in this time it's 6x100 got through those with not too much problem then all of a sudden it starts happening again.... This time have I, have I, really, no .... Nope no brown clouds .... Time for another bathroom break.


After questions from coach Norm as to why I'd exited the pool twice during his session - I got told I could hop out. But no this was man up time and I was back in for the rest of the session.... Thankfully with no further incident. 


Now if this was Dover training I would have sucked it up and coped with a possible brown cloud - but that kind of behaviour will get you kicked out of a pool....


Needless to say next time I give myself a 'man up princess' chat with a dodgy tummy I'll be making sure I'm in Dover Habour and not the local swimming pool

No comments:

Post a Comment