Monday 14 May 2012

Road Testing the Bio-prene

Before starting my story I must explain the concept of bio-prene. Much like the thick layer of black neoprene some swimmers wear when swimming (otherwise known as a wetsuit) Bio-prene a name conceived by Mark to describe the body's naturally occurring layer of insulation that exists under the skin rendering the need for neoprene useless (aka bodyfat).

I have been working incredibly hard on developing my bio-prene - 2 breakfasts, constant snacking and large dinners. So this past week it's been time to really road test it - see if it's at a level that will keep me comfortable during training.

This week the bio-prene has been through 4 serpentine swims and 2 x 1 hour Dover swims - while a little cold and there being a shiver after each swim it's been working.

Conclusion - it works for short swims but I still haven't determined whether I have reached my optimum level to provide comfort when attempting a 6 or more hour swim in cold conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment